2016-12-13: Victory for Djemila!
- École musulmane de Montréal c. Benhabib (in French), decision of the Superior Court of Quebec
- Djemila Benhabib found not guilty of slandering Muslim school in Montreal
- Quebec feminist author found not guilty of slandering Muslim school in Montreal
Djemila Benhabib, author and activist, winner of the 2012 International Prize for Secularism and finalist for the 2013 Simone de Beauvoir Prize, is currently being sued by Muslim Schools of Montreal because of remarks she made during a radio interview with Benoît Dutrizac. Djemila Benhabib has been working diligently for years to denounce Muslim fundamentalism, its infiltration strategies and its hegemonic ambitions both in Muslim countries and the West. This lawsuit is first and foremost political and ideological.
We affirm our support for Djemila’s freedom of expression. We encourage you to donate to the Campaign to support Djemila to cover her legal fees.
- In the News: The Trial of Djemila Benhabib opens Monday, September 26th 2016 in Montreal
- The Day After Nice, 14th July 2016
- Je soutiens Djemila, Campaign to support Djemila
- Je soutiens Djemila Benhabib contre ses accusateurs, Facebook page
- Evening of Solidarity with Djemila Benhabib, Montreal, Thursday January 30th, 2014, 8 pm, Facebook page